FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Routes featuring the B763 Polaris seats
View Single Post
Old Jul 1, 2018, 12:51 pm
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by phkc070408
Being that the seat count is different on the 3 class 763s, it makes sense to keep them on dedicated routes, and the LHR routes are probably the only ones with enough service that could use all of the remaining 3 class planes.

From a business standpoint, it actually makes sense to hold of on a promise [of Polaris seats] that could be broken and there is no cost [revenue loss] of not promising such.

If they decide to continue with the conversions of the 763s and do the two class planes after the three class planes are complete, it would be easier operationally to offer a few dedicated routes after they get even more planes done, but I'm not expecting that to actually happen.
My first Polaris hard product flight was LHR-SFO on June 5. My next flight is SFO-HKG and NRT-SFO this month.

However, I have a few more LHR flights out of IAD/SFO/LAX/IAH and none of them are the hard product so not sure if my first experience was an anomaly (LHR flight I mean).

I enjoyed the seat as I had 1A. It was a daytime flight so did not try to sleep and for my next two flights I am trying 9A and 1L. I like the fact I can have a window seat and direct access to the aisle as I had moved to the center rows on the traditional aircraft as like the aisle access and without someone crawling over me, so on the 2-4-2 configuration I always select 6A. BTW - Y looked might cramped so looking forward to PE installation, albeit it is a 2-4-2 configuration.