FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Marriott's "breakfast offering" explained, by brand and by Bonvoy elite level
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:06 pm
Horace

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
As I understand it, a one night stay for one person is a downgrade at AC?

Now: 400 points and a $10 per stay voucher

August: 400 points or​​​​​ a voucher
Originally Posted by danola
I am reading conflicting info on wether AC properties will provide brekkie for Plats. Please clarify.
Platinum at AC Hotels and Courtyard (U.S & Canada):

— Today's program: 400 bonus points AND a Food or Beverage Amenity. At AC Hotels, the F & B Amenity tends to be a single &10 F & B credit per stay. At Couryard, the F & B Amenity tends to be a single item from the market pantry, with restrictions. These are in addition to points.

— New program (beginning August 2018): 500 bonus points OR $10 F&B credit for member + 1 guest, daily. Notice the word "OR" instead of "AND".

For one guest staying one night, today's program can be better.

For two guests in a room, and for any stays of more than one night, the new program is likely to be better.

It remains to be seen if the "$10 F&B credit for member + 1 guest" is sufficient for breakfast (something like a breakfast sandwich, coffee, and juice), especially at AC Hotels and Courtyard properties in expensive markets, such as San Francisco and New York. I would hope there will always be breakfast options that can be fully covered with the Platinum benefit.