FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Strings by Intercontinental Tokyo Master Thread [merged]
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:56 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Crofton138
I'm looking to make a booking with points at The Strings for three nights in March. There are no rewards rooms available if searching for 2 people so I emailed the hotel to see what could be done. I just got this response (same day reply which was quick):

Dear Crofton138
Warm greetings from The Strings By InterContinental Tokyo.
We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and IHG hotels as IHG Spire Ambassador member.
Regarding your inquiry about availability for reward night, we are afraid to say that we can’t advise directly.
Please kindly contact to IHG rewards club center or booked by IHG.com.
If no rooms available for 2 adults on IHG.com, please kindly try to search for 1 person.
Due to the room type of rewards night reservation is limited only Classic Single room, we will upgrade the room to Classic Double or Classic Twin room for 2 persons.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us anytime.
We look forward to your reservation.
Best regards,
Ayaka Higashi
Room Reservations
The Strings By InterContinental Tokyo
book @ intercontinental-strings.jp
Known issue in Japan on awards. Hotels just offer 1ppn rooms (smaller singles) on awards. IHG t+c's are award rooms are for 2ppn, so book the small room and IC will upgrade you if 2ppn staying

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 29, 2018 at 11:59 am Reason: edited link