FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost Frozen Fish - Alaska Airlines, last flight AA
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:35 am
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SamOF
Because the rules obviously aren't the final say in the outcome of any particular case? This is a made-for-social media story involving pounds of pounds of fish, AA incompetence, and frustrating information black holes that everyone can sympathize with. Will the OP be successful? I have no idea. Neither do you. And the outcome isn't going to depend entirely on what AA's contract of carriage says.

Gosh, I understand that some people really love rules. But I don't understand the syndrome of posting as if the world in fact works the way you think it should.
+1
Because "check what the rules on liability definitely are for domestic US travel" doesn't even make any sense. Check with who? I'm not aware of any arbiter of potentially conflicting CoCs between two airlines.

I suppose OP should continue the path with AA per standard industry practice. Web complaint or Twitter. Then file a DOT complaint. Then pursue a case in small claims court if necessary. If AA convinces a judge it's not responsible, then file against AS. (Or maybe you can do both at the same time?)