FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:19 pm
Happyfeet

Programs: AA LifeTime Gold
Originally Posted by econometrics
I think we all likely feel this way, though it's really not an operational possibility. With the 7 37J 772's floating through the entire longhaul route system, it's impossible for AA to show you the map of one version over the other and give you the perception that seat will be what you get.

For a good while, actually, the seat maps were ALL the Zodiac seat maps. But the Super Diamond refits quickly took over the majority of the 772 subfleet configurations, so AA switched to that as the default seat map for advanced sale.
econometrics
When it come to the seat map that AA uses -- I THINK that they like using their rather generic seat-map because you could say it fits both types of configurations. They all have 37 seats and have the correct number and relative position of the seats on each row. As long as you don't try to be very precise -- most people will just pick their seats and won't even think that the possibility exists that they are in for a big surprise.until they are on the plane. I've even asked the flight attendants it they know which type of plane they will be flying on. They say "No" not until they board themselves. But then again I don't think they have a reason to really care. .