FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - G-gath a320
Thread: G-gath a320
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:28 am
cosmo74

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
I don't believe they limit to 5 rows. On my flight out there were 8 rows. I think CE does pretty well out of Gatwick so would be surprised if 5 was the limit. Always happy to be wrong. Also as said above the A320 from Gatwick will not be as densified as those at LHR. I also seem to remember that when the G-GAT aircraft were refurbished before entry to service they were given new ovens etc,..
I think you're right, the capping is at 7 rows, on newly refurbished aircraft. https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/0...pe-seven-rows/

The recent stories we have heard about a further ‘refresh’ of Club Europe catering do not appear to be caused by poor reaction to the last set of changes. It is being driven by a more fundamental problem – British Airways cannot operate the current tray-based Club Europe food service if it is to sell more than 28 seats.

This is a tricky problem which is going to take time to resolve. In the short term, my understanding is that British Airways will cap Club Europe at seven rows on flights where a new or refurbished aircraft will, or could, operate it. This will allow the food service to continue to be tray based with the existing crockery.