FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A3 not awarding miles for Swiss flights taken
Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:36 am
Alex1986

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
With respect, that really doesn't help the OP - what I am talking about is an internal Star Alliance procedure, the link is for A3's public page on when to expect miles to post and how to retroclaim.

"Your request will be processed within 14 days" is merely the amount of time A3 has under Star rules to submit the request to LX. LX then has a further 14 days to respond, and only if they completely fail to do so can A3 force the credit. If there is even an acknowledgement then the clock can tick forever.

I'm not aware of this being written in any public document because as mentioned it's part of Star Alliance's internal procedures, but certainly in the times of BD being in Star it existed (because I used it on a UA retrocredit request), and I seem to recall I have done the same with A3 subsequently - although the details are sketchy in my mind on the latter one.
Thanks for the reply NWIFlyer. So, it's nowhere officially written as I understand, but I might give it a try and see how it goes. On top of that Swiss Air might have acknowledged receipt of the claim (I need to check with A3), so in that case I am helpless.

I cannot understand these rules though, so a company can just acknowledge receipt of a claim and then never come back? There is nothing in place to protect the end customer?