FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A3 not awarding miles for Swiss flights taken
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:38 pm
Tokyoite

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Alex1986
To answer your question, the ticket was on V fare, which is supposed to award around 3000 miles for NRT - ZRH (LX161) and 400 miles for ZRH - MAD (LX2032), so around 3400 miles in total. Both flights were operated by Swiss, no code share. What is interesting is that for my inbound flight into NRT (again with Swiss) the miles were awarded very fast and automatically, without any need for manual claim. The issue arose with the outbound flight for some reason.
Can you be more specific about your booking codes for each flight?
Looking at your past e-ticket (hopefully you still have a copy), do all flights show as booked into V?
MAD-ZRH -V
ZRH-NRT -V
NRT-ZRH -V
ZRH-MAD -V

you might have a mixed class booking, such as this one I show screenshots of a random search I just did.
the fare looks like V, but some legs (either the outbound or inbound) actually book in K, which doesn't earn anything.
Sneaky, but it happens a lot.

click on the "economy saver" and "confirm" that you are on V booking class

however, when you go to the next page, and click on "show details" on the right hand side, the result is different from what you thought.
i suspect this is what happened to your ticket (pending your confirmation to the booking codes from your eticket)

Last edited by Tokyoite; Jun 26, 2018 at 1:53 pm