FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Greece itinerary help
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:32 pm
david55

Originally Posted by kurl
Hi all - looking to tap into the luxury hive mind again to help plan a trip to Greece next June. I’ll do this as a series of questions:

- We are struggling to figure out what to do at the beginning of our trip. We know the last 2/3 will be in Santorini and Amanzoe, but not sure about where to stay at the beginning. We will have 4 nights before going to Santorini, so we were thinking of staying in Athens at the start, maybe for 2 nights, then going somewhere(?) for another 2 before Santorini. What do you think would be a good, not-too-redundant combination with Santorini and Amanzoe? Is there anything interesting and luxurious more inland? Is Spetses worth a few nights?

- Looks like Grande Bretagne is the consensus pick in Athens. The FS may be open by the then, but not sure we need another seaside resort and it seems like a bit of a haul from the city. Any other Athens properties worth considering?

- Santorini hotel choice is difficult - Katikies seems like the favorite here, but am I correct in saying there is only one room with a private pool? We like the look and room categories of Canaves Oia, but there is very limited feedback here on that property. Any suggestions? Not sure we want to cough up the funds for the top category at Katikies, but we’re open to it if it’s clearly best.

- Amanzoe - we will be doing five nights in the deluxe pool layout. Torn on sea view vs. valley view - is sea view a must? Any suggestions on particular rooms to request?

Thanks so much in advance!!

We know we want to en
Grand Bretagne is the Grand Dame of Athens. If you can afford it , go for it. It's sister hotel right next door, King George, is a good second. I would not stay at a "seaside" resort while doing Athens.

While not luxe by any means, the seaside town of Nafplio is considered one of the nicest Greek towns on the mainland. Good restaurants, and lovely port scene. That could easily occupy two nights. It is 90+ minutes from Athens. There are some lovely B and B's and a few good hotels. And it actually is on the way to the Amanzoe.

Last edited by david55; Jun 24, 2018 at 3:40 pm