FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wasn't it the case you didn't earn points on ANY stay that included an award night?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:07 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I just got off the phone with an Honors rep who said that if you have an award night, followed or preceded by a paid night, you WILL receive points for the paid night.

I thought it was that if any part of your stay was an award, you got no points, even for the paid nights.

I asked if this was a new policy and she said no, it's the way it's always been.

Does anyone know for sure? I want to book a 2 night stay with wildly different prices, of course want to use points for the expensive night, but not if I'm not going to get anything for the paid night.
Yes, that was the case until not too long ago. Again, we have a situation where the CSR makes something up instead of looking things up to get the right answer. This makes me very nervous in trusting what I get told. Just because it's in my favor does not necessarily make it right. The need to travel defensively is getting more and more a requirement when participating in a loyalty program. Unfortunately, I see fewer and fewer details being published so you have to call and hope you find an agent that knows what they are doing. The worst person to ask about the program rules would be a FDC who not only does not know all the rules but in some cases can't even participate in the program.