FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:57 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Regarding finding out relevant (eg, Plat) lifetime years:
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
It would very difficult for a CSR to get this wrong. On the MR/RCR side and the SPG side, it is very clearly noted.
And we just found out today when you gave me that info (thanks!) that on the SPG side it's very clearly wrong, for anyone who had their MR/SPG accounts linked and only earned it on the Marriott side. My SPG account claims (both in what you sent me and online) that I have 5 elite years, and 3 Plat years (which is also what a phone agent told me). but 2 of those years in each case are 2016 and 2017 where i had virtually no SPG stays and got SPG Plat only due to linking my MR account, where I earned MR Plat each year.

So if they are going to subtract those linked years come August, then the count one get today from SPG may very well be overstated by at least two (maybe three?) years. (I only requalified MR Plat at 75 nights about a week or two ago, so maybe that's why 2018 didn't yet produce a third linked year at SPG?)

So based on that, I have little faith in raw counts from either Marriott or SPG at this point (late June). if those year counts are right, then the stated policies (that linked years will not count) would have to be wrong. If those stated policies are right, then those year counts have to be wrong.

What I got from you wasn't just a raw count, it actually spelled out which calendar years I earned which status, and that allowed me to know to subtract two years. So thanks again!