FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:35 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question 15 night credit for Marriot cc plus 5 night credit for SPG cc

William, I asked a version of this upthread and didn't receive any answers, but have now re-checked with Marriott to confirm so am posting again:

In recent days I have been told repeatedly by Marriott CSRs that my Marriott (business) Visa card and my SPG (personal) Amex card yield me a combined total of 20 nights credit toward Platinum status for 2019 - 15 nights for the Marriott and 5 for the SPG. Yet the wiki says this:

"A7. Will members be able to get more than 1 SPG or Marriott card & get more than 15 nights towards elite qualifying credit in the new program? (In the past SPG members had the option to get the Personal & Business Amex & get a maximum total of 10 nights elite credit towards the qualifying year.)
No. There is a limit of one 15 Elite Night Credit per Marriott Loyalty Program member. The benefit is not exclusive to Cards offered by American Express. <added by Starwood Lurker 30Apr18>
"

So does the maximum accumulation of cc nights in 2018 for 2019 status add up to 15 or 20? The Marriott agents indicate 20, but the wiki could be interpreted to mean 15 (though perhaps it is only referencing what the new rule will be, in effect starting in 2019 for 2020 status).

Thanks for any help.