FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:20 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Of course it's the tenth year and on the SPG side, we know that the year counter changes when the status is earned, but MR really hasn't been using years of status as a requirement for lifetime status, so IMO there's some ambiguity about whether MR counts the status year on the date it is earned or on the date that the new (program) year starts.

It's not a problem that affects me, but I can see the distinction here and why someone would question this, more so than many of the other repetitive questions about the merger.
MSPeconomist: Exactly — and thanks for coming to my defense. I'm on the MR side and there is no expert lurker on the MR forum like William to offer definitive answers. I've been given multiple, contradictory information from MR phone agents. The last one told me that if I earned status in September 2009, I will achieve ten-years of status in September 2019 - well past the cutoff for LTPP. He said that Marriott is looking at it based on actual months of status. I would really like to understand how MR years of status is calculated, once and for all, to determine what my goals need to be over the next 7 months to make LTPP.