FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Capacity controls for points redemption? (I am gold)
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:15 pm
wbl-mn-flyer

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Originally Posted by bluestrudels
This is really odd, I was expecting it to be like a NYC property on NYE.
My only next possible explanation is that they are really overbooked that particular night.. and sometimes these licensed owners have more leverage power to hold inventory than management itself..

For what's worth, there really isn't any Marriott properties nearby. Perhaps give IHG a go?
I did not consider IHG, that's a great idea. Thank you!

Cash stay at Hilton property cancelled.

Cash stay at Holiday Inn Express, in a suite, for less money, booked.

No Hampton breakfast? Priceless.

Oh this story keeps getting better. Now that I make a posting on social media about the situation, finally Hilton is offering What Can We Do About This ?

MAYBE THINK ABOUT HOW TO TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS DURING BOOKING, OR WHEN THEY CALL YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE, OR WHEN THEY REACH THE GUEST SERVICES DEPARTMENT. 30-60 MINUTES OF MY TIME SPENT, JUST TRYING TO GET HILTON TO DO THE RIGHT THING.

Hi wbl-mn-flyer,

I saw your public post about trying to book a reservation at the Hampton Inn in Watertown, South Dakota. You may have already made other arrangements, but I'd be happy to look into this for you. I'm curious about the dates you're looking to book, if you're willing to share. Again, if you've made other reservations, I completely understand - would still like to look into this one further for my own/my team's knowledge.

Thanks so much,
Lauren

Last edited by wbl-mn-flyer; Jun 20, 2018 at 3:55 pm