FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:11 pm
RafKa

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by XFed2001
Excuse me but currently, if I transfer 20K SPG points to say, AA, SPG will add 5K for a total of 25K to be credited to my AA account. Is this still going to be true? I realize that there are limitations on the number of miles that can be transferred in any one transaction. I currently, have 300K SPG points. If I transfer 60K in SPG points in one transaction, I should expect 75K miles to be transferred to my AA account, right? If I repeat this transaction for the next 4 days, am I correct that I will have 375K more AA miles? I presume that the conversion of SPG points to Marriott points would not change this benefit, right? Thanks for clarifying this process for me as I would like to be sure to timely convert my SPG points to AA.
That is correct, and the same will still hold true post merger (60K Starriott points to net 25K AA miles).

However, you would get more value if you were to transfer 270K SPG points to Marriott and redeemed 3x Cat 1-5 + 120K miles Travel Packages. That way you'll get a total of 395K AA miles (3x120 for the Travel Packages + 35K for the remaining 30K SPG points).

You'll be left with 3 floater certificates in your account, each with a residual value of anything between 45-150K Starriott points after the merger in August (tbc), which you'll then be able to convert into AA miles again at a ratio of 25K AA miles for 60K points.

You're welcome