FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KL/AF: ORD/WAS - MRU/RUN $2500 Biz [package deal]
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:08 am
nickohrn

Thank you so much to OP (again) for posting this. My wife and I just returned from our travels and visiting Mauritius was like something out of a dream. We flew ORD - AMS - MRU and then returned MRU - CDG - ORD (positioning from LAS). I never would have gone without seeing this fare.

If anyone is still pending on this itinerary and has booked AMS - MRU on Air Mauritius's A340, please temper your expectations. The food was OK and the service was very polite but the seat itself was very uncomfortable for me - 5'11" with broad shoulders. On the other hand, the MK A350 on MRU - CDG was exceptionally comfortable. They also serve espresso on that plane (apparently there is a Nespresso machine on the A350), but you need to specifically ask for it. Otherwise they're going to serve you flavorless powdered coffee.

There have been some crediting issues for the flights, but earning the miles was secondary to actually visiting the island and I'm sure I'll get it worked out.