FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Element by Westin Bali, Ubud [Master Thread]
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:39 am
Alex_I

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Arrow Element by Westin Bali, Ubud [Master Thread]

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Would like to hear from one or both of you. The reviews on the SPG website and TripAdvisor are all very positive, but I always like to hear from Flyertalkers as well.
We have stayed at Element Ubud for 3 nights during second half of May. Hotel is brand new. No upgrades for SPG PLT because “suites are not ready”. So just a regular room on an SPG floor with a balcony over the pool. No Element reception either “because we are still in the opening process”. After inquiring regarding the reception we were given two free drink coupons. Not much in terms of PLT recognition. I got a feeling that the management is trying to keep expenses low for now.

Overall, we did like the stay:

1) Nearly empty swimming pool (not sure if this would stay the same at full occupancy)
2) Breakfast was fine. They had a western-style hot buffet items and egg station in addition to a noodle station and two local dishes that changed daily. Fresh fruits and some freshly squeezed juices/drinks. With just a few people at the restaurant we did not expect a large variety. The staff was genially trying to take care of you. I have ended up with a custom made soursop smoothie made just for me at no charge.
3) We had one lunch and one dinner and the hotel restaurant: good quality for the price but not overly extensive menu which does not change between lunch and dinner. However, Ubud has many great restaurants.
4) I would not recommend taking an afternoon tea because of a very minimalistic offering.
5) Free shuttle to Ubud is convenient and they will pick you up (subject to Ubud traffic).
6) They do offer free bicycles but I was not sure how we can ride those on Ubud roads.
7) My wife did enjoy massages at the spa.
8) No problem with WiFi.
9) There is a Delta supermarket down the road toward Ubud about 10-15 min by walk if you are OK navigating the street and watching for holes in the sidewalk. The supermarket is just before an intersection when the driver would turn to Ubud Center/ Monkey Forest). There is one closer but I liked Delta better because of a bigger selection and a refrigerated wine section (important to keep wine from spoiling). Good imported selection and also Two Island label made in Bali from imported grapes.

Would return again unless hotel gets crowded.