FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Great Stay at Amanera
View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:01 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
On the topic of air con I don't know how it would be possible to design a system that keeps up with the heat of the casitas.. they are basically greenhouses during the day... I guess if one was to close all the shades then it would be possible but then what's the point at that point... I never tested for bhrubin temps but at night they got quite cold....
It's possible. Just a matter of money. If they can do it for an OWV in the Maldives or Bora Bora, they can do it at Amanera or anywhere else.

I'm notorious for shutting the shades in our bedroom when on holiday if it helps keep it cooler in the day. But if you can't keep it cool it without closing off the whole villa, that's a problem of poor HVAC and design.

I want a cool respite inside during a hot day, since I can't stay in a pool for hours on end. I've paid for a luxury experience, and a cool villa interior at an Aman or any 5* hotel is part of a luxury experience in the tropics/subtropics. For Aman rates and any new 5* build in a tropical locale, the air con should be able to reach 20 C or lower even during the day IMO.