FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Notice of Denied Boarding Compensation - EU Member Countries
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:12 pm
LMYRMQ622003250

When we arrived Heathrow, the flight info board showing a departure time of 1800. We were told at the connection desk the flight would depart at 2230 instead. The connection desk gave each of us GBP 10 meal voucher. As for the reason for the delay, we did not ask as we thought it was probably due to weather or something. Other passengers told us that the check-in desk mentioned that the inbound aircraft had a bird strike and must be taken out for service, AC was to send another aircraft to pick us up.

So, is that "Notice of Denied Boarding Compensation - EU Member Countries" relevant in this case? Am I suppose to contact Air Canada for any compensation? Meanwhile, should I wait until the compensation issue is resolved in order to claim the promotional code? (Must I choose one of the two?) Air Canada seems to be above many of the top-rated airlines, I was not expecting they would provide anything other than a meal voucher for a short delay like this.