FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:47 am
londonsean69

Programs: BAEC
Evening all

I am looking to book the AMS-BKK fare, with the 'stopover' being a couple of weeks in KUL (then down to Denpasar).
Routing would be AMS-LHR-KUL // KUL-BKK // BKK-SIN-LHR
We would be diving, so will have baggage - which is what my query relates to.

I assume I can do a HBO back to back in AMS, then check the luggage in for the rest of the trip once back at Heathrow? (I would put it in left luggage). In fact, I can see from this (Very recent) thread - Stopover and luggage that is quite possible.
So, slightly different tangent to the question - I assume it is not possible to check the bags in until I have flown the AMS-LHR leg? It would be mega if I could check them for LHR-KUL, then go and do my B2B.

One more question, while I have your attention Would you route back via SIN, or via HKG? Or even back via KUL? Lounges and ease of transit etc. being the consideration (not F lounge though as neither of us are GCH)

I know it is heresy, but I'm not overly fussed about maximising the TP on this, as I don't fly vast amounts, and as it will be near the end of my TP year, I see little benefit in pushing for Silver (Yes, I have sunk to a lowly bronze ). What I don't want to do is be stuck on BA10 again, it's not the nicest of aircraft, hence not coming back direct BKK-LHR. I'm looking at Dreamliner on the way out, and A380 on the way back, neither of which I have sampled in J .

Thanks in advance

Sean