FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL in flight entertainment system which planes have the newer one?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:06 pm
linnet

Thank you everyone for the info so far.
Looks like the 330 is the best bet so far.
Does anyone have info on the 767?
763 doesn't seem to be an option on my route.
I know it sounds kinda crazy to decide on the plane type via IFE System but a) from experience the seats are as old as the old IFE and as I said mine had a broken recline function so I assume newer updates with new IFE which is built into the seats should also mean more recent updates/ repairs on the seats.
Plus I have the luxury of being height challenged at 5'3 and I fit into airplane seats rather easily ( from delta over Martin air,klm and wizzair and Ryanair) but I get easily overwhelmed by the noise in the cabin in day flights and need a working sound on the entertainment system to block out the noise and the stupid people and the kids in temper tantrums. - ok I might have also been on my last nerve on that trip starting with 20+ hrs delay a fight with support and service personnel on the ground to get a hotel and to the hotel and a new flight. Klm Hotline closes around 6pm on Saturdays... And the guy on the ground who was supposed to organize rooms hid behind the scenes for over an hour until he found us hotels as a convention was going on. Plus we ended up getting chewed up by the lady doing the US precheck for not printing out our full itinerary that we got via mail from customers service while stuck due to a delay. It was a mess

I also ended up on a very old plane on the way home but overnight flights are much less noisy and active so I slept.