FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA stories (Travelling on United Airlines) (Archive)
Old Jun 12, 2018, 5:54 am
dgparent

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Originally Posted by 1120
I'm not exactly sure if this is DYKWIA, but it was crazy.

UA321 yesterday (MCO-IAH) boarding yesterday. There's an older woman in a wheelchair for preboarding. She had nine people with her to "assist" and that's got to be a record. I and the other folks in Group 1 started laughing when we saw the number of people with her. I'd have no problem with two or three people, but nine? Due to ugly IRROPS, I actually got to see this three times.

This was followed by another passenger that tried to preboard with a kid that was at least eight years old. At least the GAs stopped that one.
Saw this flying from MSP-ORD on Sunday 7 helpers for 1 lady in a wheelchair. Also a pre-boarder was in row 3 [front row of plane] and I was in row 4, of course once we landed he got up and deplaned then we all had to wait 5 mins while he got settled in his wheelchair on the ramp. Then we could not get around him while they sat in the lane everyone departs from and checked his next BP.

Once flying fro LAX-CLT I saw a pre-boarder with get this 14 people behind her and she was a younger girl on crutches. I think they should be limited to 2 helpers.