FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:21 pm
FFlash

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by ylefin
Excuse me very much but sometimes, reading this thread and others, I have a strong feeling that some, maybe many of you are actually narcissist. I would NEVER like to be personally greeted by name or recognised or getting a free paper or even a drink if my neighbour in the next seat does not get it. I would feel embrassed and would like to move to another seat. Any of you who admires the narcissist Trump? Sorry again for this late night postage. What concerns other top tier benefits, they are of course OK and well deserved.
We can see what you were after with this comment but you got it wrong here, therefore I offer, on behalf of all us fellow FT'ers, you to come and join us for a next possible Finnair DO so you will set it right and see that we are far from narcissists, but instead just few idiots who love this game.
There are vast number or other signs of narcissism on flights, which I can never understand and those are far far from me. Quick reference to such things as veeeeeery slow undressing of winter coat when you are in seat 1A while a long queue of plebs are waiting in HELlish cold winter outside aircraft door after waiting 30 mins in a cold bus doors open. Other example might be someone who has had once, or now, multiple gold cards or whatever and love to show them, thus having 3 extra cabin bags and all his/her life's gold tags attached to the bags and slowly waives the bags to overhead bin in a manner that everyone must see those tags. Ah, why do I even exemplify those... let's just say that most of FTers are very discreet in public, while we might sometimes go a bit high and speedy here on the forum