FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carry-over of XP
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:09 am
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by irishguy28
No; in all examples there, the hypothetical member is currently Platinum; I tease out all possible scenarios on where a Platinum can end up. You've gone off on your own tangent there so I won't comment!
How have I gone off on a tangent?

You say:

TBut having Silver would mean you would need to earn 100 + 180 XP in a row to get back to Gold, so it is better than starting with a rollover and lower status
But this is an actual impossibility. Under NO circumstances EVER does a Silver member need to earn 100 + 180 XP to get to Gold. As soon as a Silver member gains 180XP in a qualification period (up to 13 months), they become Gold.

Only Explorer members need to earn 100 + 180 XP to get to Gold.
Your quote only makes sense, if you meant to show how this hypothetical member under these hypothetical rules fell to Silver and wanted to get back to Platinum, in which case they would need to earn 180 + 300 XP, less any XP that would have been granted as Surplus (i.e. the 75XP in your 175XP example)

How could it ever be possible to start the year with the same XP balance that you ended it with (other than zero)?????
In any manner Flying Blue decide to allow.

If you're Platinum/Gold/Silver/Ivory with, say, 10XP - you get a soft landing (or stay ivory) and start with 0 in all cases.
If you're Platinum/Gold with, say, 185 XP, you go to/remain Gold and start with 5 XP.
This mechanism is not confirmed. It's extremely like this is how it will work, but it is not confirmed.

(You always lose either everything, or the "threshold amount". There is no mechanism - except when you have nothing to start with - where you can survive a year change without losing any XPs. The benefit is shown in the table as "keep surplus XP". That means XPs have to, by definition, be subracted - otherwise there is no surplus (none of the status levels has a threshold for qualifcation of 0XP!! the one that does - Explorer - does not qualify for a rollover!!))
There is no definition of Surplus XP that I could find. As such I do not consider it confirmed.