FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carry-over of XP
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:44 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
You probably mean that being Silver you would need 180 (- 75) + 300 XP for Platinum, or conversely 100 + 180 from Explorer to Gold sans soft landing. Under no circumstances does a SIlver need to earn more than 180XP within a year to reach Gold.
No; in all examples there, the hypothetical member is currently Platinum; I tease out all possible scenarios on where a Platinum can end up. You've gone off on your own tangent there so I won't comment!

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Technically not confirmed yet, so I wouldn't say it's a complete impossibility, although it's basically 100% likely that it will be like this.
How could it ever be possible to start the year with the same XP balance that you ended it with (other than zero)?????

If you're Platinum/Gold/Silver/Ivory with, say, 10XP - you get a soft landing (or stay ivory) and start with 0 in all cases.
If you're Platinum/Gold with, say, 185 XP, you go to/remain Gold and start with 5 XP.

(You always lose either everything, or the "threshold amount". There is no mechanism - except when you have nothing to start with - where you can survive a year change without losing any XPs. The benefit is shown in the table as "keep surplus XP". That means XPs have to, by definition, be subracted - otherwise there is no surplus (none of the status levels has a threshold for qualifcation of 0XP!! the one that does - Explorer - does not qualify for a rollover!!))
Attached Images  

Last edited by irishguy28; Jun 11, 2018 at 10:51 am