FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where should we go for luxury ski vacation?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:40 am
TRRed

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
On clothing, I expect any of the resorts will have a boots available, and there are likely a number of places near the resorts that rent these and skis for somewhat less than what the resort will rent them for. All of these places will probably have some outerware for rent also.
But for lower layers, I expect you would find buying a better option (and probably for less than you would buy in Sweden, if your prices are anywhere close to those of Norway). I suggest looking at both REI's and LL Bean's websites. You could order for delivery to whichever hotel you choose, with a note to "Hold for Arrival." Probably best if the order name is in the same name as the hotel reservation. And not too far in advance unless you can control delivery date precisely.
Alternatively, on your arrival in Salt Lake City, Denver, etc. go shopping (TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Sierra Trading are have name brands at somewhat discounted prices; REI has retail locations; Wal-Mart or similar if you want to go the least expensive route, maybe because you want to donate the clothes when you are done).
Others will probably suggest different retailers or websites to consider.