FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Excited To See Me? Or just another IT failure?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:53 am
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Bartolo
OP, you will get several more over the coming months. You even get them when the flight is to the city you live in. They are kind enough to suggest hotels etc. I guess in case you don’t like your own home. Think of it as your new pen pal.
Oooh, I have a collection of those. Real keepers. As others here have mentioned before, AC IT doesn't have the ability to know that if you buy a one-way ticket say back to where you live, you are generally going home, not visiting (although.......)

My other favourite is how there is a difference between an original ticket with a connection in say YVR, Manage Bookings and what appears in the app. Due to flight times on some routes, the sometimes can only connect to a transcon that is 6 hours for my arrival. Thus some of these things think my destination is YVR, but there is no break in my ticket or the married segments. I do not worry about such things since I think I know where I am going most of the time. Perhaps the next time I buy a ticket somewhere, AC will instead have me going somewhere more exotic than I intended.