FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]
Old Jun 9, 2018, 10:33 am
ffay005

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I had a very nice, and long, Platsku chat on yesterday’s RHO-HELflight. The purser sounded genuinely interested and also knowledgeable. She started by apologizing that they only had IS on board, and I replied that it was okay and added that they had orange juice instead (they were serving free OJ on HEL-RHO!). But they didn’t! And that’s where it took off…

Apparently they are testing different kind of concepts, one of them being free still and sparkling water, bilberry and orange juice and tea & coffee. But not all flights are loaded with this new selection. We agreed that it won’t actually cost anything extra because people won’t be drinking more just because there are more options. It remained a little unclear to me whether this testing applies to long Euro flights, lomanoloinen Euro flights, or all flights.

We also discussed Euro J meals, the fact that they now have two main course choices and a real dessert. According to her, they got a lot of feedback about the missing desserts, which is why they brought them back. Good for us! ^

She told me that AY has put emphasis on longhaul J catering, and now that they’ve improved things there, they are looking at shorthaul J and even Y. I suggested they (re-)introduce menu cards in Euro J, and she thought it was a very good idea and promised to forward it to the people in charge.

She was very service oriented and professional, aged below 40, I’d say. If only AY had more of her kind!

(Oh, and after this conversation my seat neighbour, a very civilized Finnish man in his mid-twenties, asked how you get the Platinum card… )