FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - App display of early cleared upgrades changed? Waitlists on gate monitors going away?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 12:02 pm
DawgmanOH

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LRMErnst
All that said, knowing how many people are on the upgrade list, how many have cleared, and how many open seats are left, I can make a pretty educated guess as to whether or not my CPU will clear.
This. Let's take a hypothetical flight from SFO - MCO. There might be 16 FC seats. And I know that three of them are still available at T-24. And let's say we have two flights, Flight A where ten people have been upgraded and three paid. Flight B where one person has been upgraded and 12 paid.

Previously, I could tell that Flight A is far more likely for me to clear as most of the GS and 1K have already gone through the upgrade system. With three seats available, my odds are good. Flight B is not so good. If only one has been upgraded, I can usually assume 1 GS (or more) would be ahead of me. I would choose flight A over flight B.

Now, both flights looks the same. All I see is that there are three seats available with no way of knowing what has been run in the upgrade.

Is this the end of the world? No. Is it a step back from previous data? Yes.