FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many globalists are left? Anyone know?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:28 pm
joe_miami
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gengar
I shouldn't have to remind you that I am not the one who introduced this ranking into this discussion - you did. I've never once suggested that the global ranking of chain determines whether a chain is large or small - you're just being dishonest at this point.
I'm being dishonest? LOL. All I did was object to the claim that Hyatt was a "small chain" and you decided to blow a gasket for some reason.

What I stated is simply that your claim that Hyatt is in the top 5 is utterly absurd.
Take it up with Hospitality.net, which certainly believes otherwise, at least in terms of direct competitors and revenue.

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Given that I just recently received another corporate fast-track offer for Globalist until 2020 for 20 nights in 90 days, I'd say Hyatt feels there aren't enough Globs.
Not to restart this debate for the twentieth time here, but 20 nights in 90 days annualizes to 80 nights, and the fast-track Globalists don't get TSUs, etc. Unless people are able to time the challenge perfectly to cover the majority of their year's travel, this cohort is probably rather profitable for Hyatt, and they have no effect on "real" Globalists.

Originally Posted by gengar
Ultimately, I'm still pretty amazed that there is disagreement on this point, again considering that Hyatt has barely 1/10 the properties of the other, similarly-segmented chains typically discussed on FT like Hilton, IHG, Marriott/SPG, etc.
What do you mean, "like Hilton, IHG, Marriott/SPG, etc."? That's basically the entire list of Hyatt's most direct competitors, not only in the U.S. but in the Western hemisphere.