FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many globalists are left? Anyone know?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:33 pm
gengar

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by jxwo
There's no defensiveness at all, just baffled by your absolute statements on the opinion of every last person in the hotel industry.
If it's only the flippancy that offends you, then I apologize (I was also responding to an absolute statement I found absurd, hence why I responded strongly). I can only relate my personal experiences having worked with/for Hyatt including at the corporate level, and I simply don't believe there was anyone I ever worked with who would deny that Hyatt is a small chain - if anything, that was something many within the organization think of as a positive, if not were proud of outright. I also think Hyatt's small chain status is something that its loyalists find appealing if it works for them, and I think many posts here on FT also supply evidence for that. I certainly have no interest in arguing about what any given housekeeper at the Plaza New York thinks - if that's really the counterpoint, then we're just wasting time.

As far as comparing Hyatt to various chains, I think I've been very clear in that comparisons should be chains with similar segment makeups and target market - hence, e.g., my suggestion above that leaving single-country, state-run, and/or single-segment (such as budget-only) chains out of the comparison is reasonable. If you're still intent on picking on me about Fairmont and Loews, I left them out because I simply don't know enough about those chains to comment.

Ultimately, I'm still pretty amazed that there is disagreement on this point, again considering that Hyatt has barely 1/10 the properties of the other, similarly-segmented chains typically discussed on FT like Hilton, IHG, Marriott/SPG, etc.