FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Handling a misconnect/ last flight of the season
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:19 pm
CurbedEnthusiasm

Handling a misconnect/ last flight of the season

I just realized I am booked on a BWI-LHR-JTR flight on 9/28; the connection to JTR on 9/29 is the last BA flight on that service for the year. One of those things you don't necessarily think about when you book. Flying in J.

The connection in LHR is 90 minutes, so if the BWI flight is delayed by much, I'll miss my connection to JTR. In addition, there are no other flights to JTR on any other carrier with J class as far as I can see. The only other option from LHR would be an evening flight connecting in Germany, getting us into JTR 9 hours after scheduled arrival and too late to get the rental car. Not really an acceptable option.

If there are IROPS, how will BA handle this? Will BA be proactive about rebooking us in BWI (ideal) or likely make us sort it our in LHR? There's a LH flight from IAD that connects in MUC to JTR, but the delay would have to be known early enough to get from BWI to IAD (1 hour drive with no traffic). Would they rebook us on that flight? We would probably need BA to transfer us to that flight before we left for the airport to have a chance to make it to IAD; option B would be for us to get on that flight the next day. If this makes us lose a day of our holiday, would BA change our return flight as a courtesy so we have the same length of vacation? It's my understanding that under EC261, BA needs to get us to JTR in a comparable method of travel (i.e. same class of service), but from that thread, it seems like it's a pretty complex topic.

Hoping this risk will not come to fruition but I'd like to know my rights in the event it happens. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by CurbedEnthusiasm; Jun 7, 2018 at 9:29 pm Reason: Sorry for the typo in the title. Mods, can you please change it?