FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:03 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SF1K

I think SNAs will work just as they do in the SPG program today. Hasn’t that pretty much been confirmed?

Not at all. Look at A5 and the current question #14 above. T&Cs for SNAs won't be announced until August.

In particular, questions include the following:

(A) Will we be able to select (as we currently do for SPG SNA requests, by checking boxes) room and suite categories for which we are requesting the SNA-supported upgrade?

(B) If a SNA is approved, will the hotel be required to give an upgrade to the highest room or suite category of those that were requested and are available at the time of confirmation, if more than one room or suite category is included in the SNA upgrade pool and is available for the entire stay?

I'm trying to understand whether the new SNAs in the new combined program will prevent a hotel from confirming an upgrade into, for example, just a premium room or junior suite when there's an available senior suite which is in the SNA upgrade pool.

Currently when we request SNAs, we check boxes for the room categories we want (so that I can avoid using SNAs for junior suites or family suites, for example, or just rooms with views or room categories that are otherwise considered to be premium) in order to save my SNAs for genuine suites. It's also in the rules that if I've checked more than one box for a suite type in my SNA request, the hotel is obligated to confirm me into the best such suite category that is available among those with checked boxes in my SNA request. In particular, I've managed to use SNAs at some properties where I can be confirmed into a suite that's slightly better than the select standard suites in the normal Plat upgrade pool.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jun 7, 2018 at 11:16 am Reason: added clarification