FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:28 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
William - in the wiki you had posted "Stay tuned" for the following item:
B6. Will Marriott be expanding their policy for awarding Lifetime Platinum Premier (LTPP) status to cover additional scenarios?
c. Case (a) or (b) but using both combined SPG + Marriott nights and points to determine the 750 night / 2M points threshold
I just received an email response from the Marriot Rewards team, which appears to say that if you combine SPG + Marriott nights the only way to qualify is under the new criteria (10 years Platinum Elite status). That's disappointing for me, because I have over 2MM points in the Marriott program, but would only come close to the 750 nights if I could combine my lifetime Marriott and SPG nights together.

Do you have information that would contradict the response I got from Marriott? Here's the full response I received:

The nights earned with Starwood would not be counted towards earning Lifetime status based on the existing Marriott criteria. You would have until December 31, 2018 to earn lifetime status per Marriott Rewards members needed to reach 250 Lifetime Elite nights and 1,200,000 Lifetime points for the Lifetime Silver level; 500 Lifetime Elite nights and 1,600,000 Lifetime points for the Lifetime Gold level; or 750 Lifetime Elite nights and 2,000,000 Lifetime points for the Lifetime Platinum level.

Starting in August 2018, loyalty members will earn Lifetime Silver Elite status after reaching 250 Lifetime Elite nights and having five years of Elite status; Lifetime Gold Elite status after reaching 400 Lifetime Elite nights and seven years of Gold Elite status or higher; or Lifetime Platinum Elite status after reaching 600 Lifetime Elite nights and 10 years of Platinum Elite status.

You can qualify for Lifetime status based on your combined Rewards and SPG nights and Elite years. If you achieved Elite status in both SPG and Rewards in one year, you'll receive credit for two Elite years.

Last edited by ymx; Jun 7, 2018 at 9:30 am Reason: formatting