FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:33 am
X-ON

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Actually I would agree with that and be fine with that. Marriott has always said they cannot count SPG points because SPG did not track them, but it seems there might be people who can show enough points with what is in the system and, IMO, yes, they should be given the same status. Instead of stating nobody can use SPG points at a minimum they should have allowed the use of SPG points that can be counted and made every effort to find what points they could track.

Saying that someone with a combined 750 nights and 1.9k Marriott points and 0.333k unconverted SPG points from the past few years that can easily be shown is not eligible is, IMO, wrong as is Marriott not counting those points just because there might be other points that cannot be shown.

It is not about taking sides. It is about treating both sides equally. The B10 clarification makes it clear that the two fifty night levels will be treated the same, which is good, but there are still some inequalities.
I 100% agree with the sentiment here, having a fair treatment given the circumstances (here not all points can be counted since some have been purged). I am in this situation; not having enough # years but enough on the # nights and # points, for now all we can do is to hope that some sense of fairness will prevail. After all MR did not track # of years but despite that MAR manage to reconstruct that so why not a point accumulation count albeit not complete. We'll see.

Last edited by X-ON; Jun 7, 2018 at 12:56 am