FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pricing Error from Orlando?
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:10 pm
NWplatinum

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Pricing Error from Orlando?

I want to fly with my cousins and my neices and nephews to DisneyWorld in Orlando. They are leaving November 11th and returning November 18th. Everyday differs in price as it should, and it generally fluctuates between $230-$319 per-way, which obviously is plenty reasonable.

Now the very odd part about this trip is the return. On November 18th to take AS19 non-stop MCO-SEA the price jumps an insane amount to $799 for coach on this one way segment. What? Now it puts you in Y class, even when you ask for the lowest fare available. I don’t understand what’s going on here because since the flight is so empty, obviously there must be cheaper fare buckets available. The seatmap is not any more crowded than the other flights. I get that it’s a Sunday, and it should be slightly more expensive, but 3-4x the regular price??? Is this a mistake? If it isn’t why is it so high? How do I get it out of putting me in Y class? I almost fell out of my chair when I saw booking a coach ticket this far out on Alaska for that much. That’s only $200 cheaper than first class. I cannot tell what is going on here or why on earth a coach ticket is so expensive and the system won’t put me out of Y on the return?

Last edited by NWplatinum; Jun 6, 2018 at 11:16 pm