FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Alaska suck now?
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:29 pm
BW Flyer

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jinglish
I don't know about sucks, but the recent changes are making me have fewer concerns over my impending switch to DL. I'm burning my Mileage Plan balance down to nil this year while the CX chart is still such a good value.
As AS is moving towards the Big 3's FF programs and pretend they are one of big boys now (but they are not), I am hedging my bet by going for DL GM this year, while keeping my 75K status. Neighbor's lawn is not always greener, but AS is becoming the same shade of green as its larger competitors. So if their program is becoming like DL, UA, and AA, what is the advantages of flying AS, since the big 3 all have a much bigger domestic network, and flying to many international destinations, but AS does not offer any of that?

Right now the only MP advantages left that counts are mileage based earning (not revenue based), and MVPG/75K still can make changes/cancellations without penalties. If these benefits are going away, I think most of its loyal FF like us will be done with them.