FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:11 pm
GoPhils

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by PHL
It was a huge re-config of the initial Lifetime program announced in April since even a MR Gold member who was exclusive to Marriott with 10 years and 750 nights gets bumped up to what was created as a carve out for long standing LTP's.

This can't make the LTP's who've stayed 75 nights+ per year for 10 years very happy. I'm guessing the metric really comes down to total nights. A MR Gold could have 15 years at 50 nights per year compared to a MR plat with 10 years at 75 nights/year. The math still works out to the same number of room nights over the span of the guest's membership.
I think people seem to be forgetting that MR's existing LT statuses had no years of status requirement. Someone who stayed 250 nights/year for 3 years, 50 nights/year for 15 years, or 10 nights/year for 75 years all would have already gotten LTP at MR (and now LTPP).

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
However, now if we're concerned about parity, someone with 750 combined nights and ten years of twenty-five one night Marriott stays can argue that he/she should be included in LTPP too.
I doubt there is anyone in this situation because they'd still need 500 more nights after those 250 Marriott stays you mention to get to 750. If those 500 nights got them to LTP at SPG, then the 250 Marriott nights would combine to in fact get them LTPP.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Hmmm... thinking about this... do SPGLTGs with 750+ nights also fit into B10? Or is that just for those on the MR side?
LTG's? No. Unless they have 10 years combined SPG Plat or at least MR Gold.