FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Destroys a Bag, Issues $3,500 Check + $300 Voucher in 24 Hours
Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:02 pm
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
That’s certainly possible. I had a dive bag (Stahlsac, fortunately, so they replaced the bag) dragged down the ramp under a cart axle at POM. After diving Loloata Island and Milne Bay. PX offered me nothing, and my flight to BNE was coming up. Wanpela im brukim kago tumas. Im ol bagarap.
POM, nice! The pacific islands are of interest to me, but so pricey to get to even from YVR. That being said I only understood like half your post, trying to guess what language that was.

As far as the bag goes I'm not sure how they can simply offer you nothing. I mean I guess that's why I have the travel insurance I referenced in an earlier post, but that's odd that they did nothing. What bothers me is when they DO something, that's clearly not enough and the insurance still doesn't cover it. I asked the insurance people one day if I could go get my own hotel rather than wait in an enormous line if my flight were cancelled (we've all seen those lines, rebooking 200 people and getting them all hotels, it's a slow process) and they said no, you have to take what they give you. Seems like total BS to me, I'm not a classy guy, but if they put me in a total fleabag motel, I just have to accept that? LH lost my bag and never once told me how MUCH they'd reimburse. They just told me to send them receipts that they'd review. So I ended up buying basically nothing clothing wise because I didn't wanna get stuck with the bill.

Because I've never had many issues with my flying, I'm still trying to figure out how all this stuff works.