FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Wifi is Unusable / Problems Connecting to United_Wi-Fi
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:50 am
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by transportprof
Interesting. I just got off a flight from YVR-SFO. Wi fi didn't work until the last 30 minutes of the flight, which gave about 10 minutes on my laptop until they started securing the cabin for landing. I don't recall this disclaimer about flying along the coast before. I don't expect it to work to Hawaii, or in Canada, but how far out to sea could we have been when flying alongside Washington, Oregon, and California?
Not sure whether it's worth an email to 1K Voice?
If you paid for the WiFi, I would contact them. I stopped paying for the WiFi - never made a claim when I did pay for it, but the paid WiFi not working for me was often enough for me to decide it was not worth the hassle. Think it was twice - first time: shame on United, second time: shame on me for not learning the first time it happened.

These days it is the lack of the WiFi for the inflight entertainment which is supposedly free but only available if the WiFi is working which it has not on most of my recent flights. I am now taking a book with me on my domestic legs but I do not know why United keeps saying there is inflight entertainment - it does not work on my domestic legs( except LAX-SAN which is only time for one quick 20 minute TV show).