FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Wifi is Unusable / Problems Connecting to United_Wi-Fi
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:28 am
transportprof

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Had not noticed this disclaimer on previous e-mails about the Inflight WiFi and entertainment for my upcoming flight. However, connectivity for me recently has only worked between LAX-SAN (which is along the cost of the USA according to my geography). Is this disclaimer new or have I just never noticed it before. I am guessing this may limit future payouts for lack of free WiFi for the inflight entertainment. "‡ Wi-Fi Internet on this flight is limited to within the continental United States. Depending on the route plan,connectivity may not be available along the coast of the U.S. or in Canada."
Interesting. I just got off a flight from YVR-SFO. Wi fi didn't work until the last 30 minutes of the flight, which gave about 10 minutes on my laptop until they started securing the cabin for landing. I don't recall this disclaimer about flying along the coast before. I don't expect it to work to Hawaii, or in Canada, but how far out to sea could we have been when flying alongside Washington, Oregon, and California?
Not sure whether it's worth an email to 1K Voice?