FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 30,000 points $522 at PH Sydney
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:16 pm
KristenNix

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by chuck1
Hello-

I am a Globalist currently booked for 2 nights at the PH Sydney at 30,000 points per night.
I see their rate has dropped to AUD 690/nt or USD $522/nt.
They also have Points and Cash for $300/nt plus 15,000 points per night which I don't think is such a good deal.

Would you suggest using points? I don't have any remaining Hyatt points and would have to transfer about 20% of my Chase points to my Hyatt account.

I'm just wondering if that is foolish when the rate there is $522/nt.

Being Globalist, am I likely to get a better upgrade on free nights vs. a paid night in their lowest category?

Thanks for the advice.
If you are thinking cash rate, one option would be to book the Hyatt Privé Rate (I am also seeing Privé rate at AUD 690/nt). Doing this would give you an extra $100 Property Credit, the chance of a Privé upgrade at booking, the chance of a further Globalist upgrade at check-in, full daily breakfast for two, etc... and you would earn all the usual WoH points, etc. For Privé benefits that overlap your Globalist benefits, you would receive the better of the two. This would be an easy way to add some additional value if you are going to pay cash.