FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bogota - Calle 100 {COL}
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:51 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ryan754
I'm going to put the Double Tree Calle 100 Bogota on blast here. Mainly because the new GM is garbage, and also a liar. I was a regular here. Staying usually a week or two, and using 1-5 rooms at a time. One day the ceiling of my room flooded onto my luggage causing damage to a nice pair or shoes, and well causing some issues as everything was wet and I was leaving. I mentioned this to the staff and emailed the hotel they never did anything about it. I had a talk recently with the new GM, and let him know he needed to contact their insurance to reimburse me as the hotel did nothing to compensate me. He promised to fix it. This was never fixed. Hilton corporate gets back to me, and tells me that they are not responsible for items left behind in rooms, and offered 10,000 points for the trouble. Which doesn't pertain to my issue. I typically spend around $500 or so on shoes, and they owe me a new pair of shoes plus the cost of dry cleaning my clothes etc. Do I have any rights here? I know if I flooded my room I would be on the hook for expenses. Why can a hotel room have a leak and damage my belongings, and not owe me anything. So much for the service guarantee here..
Hotel will quite rightly imho expect you to claim under your insurance. Hotel may comp a night as a recovery gesture. Hotel manager won't pay from hotel funds, would have to explain to owner, managers are limited to offering rooms/meals foc in reality

Even if hotel had insurance that insurance would no doubt have terms such as
i)only pay if guest has no other insurance can claim on, eg home all risks, CC insurance, travel insurance
ii)not compensate new4old, but compensate regards wear+tear+age
iii)limit per item/type, ie not pay for $3000 saville row suits/coats, $500 shoes, $2000 suitcases/handbages etc

Hotel will limit their exposure to maybe the free night of your room. Or you claim free night under 100%satisfaction promise at some hotel-brands

Then also if was guest in room above who flooded their room causinfg water into your room below, then not really the hotels fault. Maybe claim off occupant in room above !