FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Basic Economy - Discussion, Q&A, ... {Archive}
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:22 pm
EmailKid
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Yes, I've flown SFO/SEA a few times on an N fare when the difference was +$40 each way for G. In addition to always being assigned an E+ seat at check-in (even though E- was available), I also received my food/drink item. Wasn't treated any differently on board.
OK, my guess is WRONG

With first hand information I may consider BE fares in the future - I have ruled them out in the past, but now that I'm done chasing MM .....

Originally Posted by emcampbe

maybe (or so UA says - it’s more a revenue grab, IMO). But BE is essentially just the lowest Y fare class that comes with restrictions. As mentioned, was originally soecificallt stated to have same onbord services. What makes you pretty sure (not trying to be combatitive - I’m seriously curious).

BE is economy (what do you think the E part stands for) - it’s just got additional restrictions on these fares.
Disagree on money grab, but that's another discussion (yes BE discussion). But UA is very conscious of money, hence my (apparently false) assumption that they would not give away something that a passenger would not receive on ULCC.

Sure it's economy, but it's very restrictive economy - not in advance purchase, but about where you sit, don't earn miles, aren't eligible for upgrades.