FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Carry-On Size Policy - Reports and Effects (6/4/2018)
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:06 pm
tusphotog

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Glad Alaska invested and heavily promoted those space bins on their planes. Another excellent move by the folks at Angle Lake.

Originally Posted by missamo80
I'm finally paying attention to this whole bag resizing thing. Blah. I checked and the rolling camera bag I've flown with for years, with $$$ gear in it, is 16x15.5x10" and will violate Alaska's new baggage size rules. If I go with my *bigger* rolling camera bag, it's 21x14x8" and will meet the carry on requirements. Siiiiiiiiiigh. My next trip will be fun.
Think Tank bags?

If there's any trouble with the camera bag, politely explain you're a photographer and there's many, many expensive cameras and lenses in it. I've opened it up for people and once they see what's inside, they usually don't have a problem with it. This also works when the FA tries to rearrange your bag in the overhead with the new bins, or someone wants to be helpful and take your very heavy bag out of the bin. Worse case, unpack everything and take it on with you.