FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Carry-On Size Policy - Reports and Effects (6/4/2018)
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:00 pm
Calculon

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Buster
Yeah, I also just cruised over to Twitter to see what was going on, and yeah, not good. Stories of passengers being forced to check bags even when overheads are empty, and not being allowed to put the bag in a sizer to see if it fits because the GA has decided that it's "too big." One person tweeted a pic of the F cabin with completely empty overhead bins because a SEA GA announced that all rolling bags were too big and none would be allowed.

It's one thing to roll out a new bag size, but it sounds like the implementation today was pretty terrible.
My check of Twitter revealed about one example of each that you mention over the past several hours, but my searching skills may be poor. Honestly until I see it for myself, I view most travel reports with a healthy amount of skepticism.

I once sat next to a guy who said he was letting Virgin America have it on Twitter for how "horrible" they were at the gate. So I pulled up the tweets, and 90% of his complaints were bogus or hugely exaggerated. There was a thing that happened, but it was nothing even close to what he was flipping out about online.

So maybe it's a nightmare, or maybe not. I'll continue to hope for the best but not count on it.