FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United lying about flight delay {sitting on runway, phone agent not seeing delay}
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:39 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by expressboy
OP here. I guess I was annoyed and overreacted. I can easily see why this could be due to incompetence/bugs and not intentional lying. This was a 016 non award ticket. I did HUACA twice but got the same result all 3 times. Tried to talk to UA after I landed in LGA but got sent to AC as I was kind of expecting. The AC flight I was on did leave on time but the next one is delayed but has no seats left in Y.
It's UA's responsibility to rebook you. However, since the delay was due to ATC, they're not likely to go particularly far out of their way (e.g., don't expect J). Do check the other NYC airports, though, as well as any other airlines that fly to where you need to go. If applicable, ask for a taxi voucher. They'll probably say no -- again, ATC -- but it's worth asking if they'll make an exception for a 1K. You should be able to get meal vouchers with less pushback, provided you find someone who knows the policy.