FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA 737 MAX 8 SSW / 7M8 aircraft in service Nov 2017 (discussion)
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:45 am
bchandler02

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by abk
The Points Guy has an interesting article saying that AA allows coach passengers on domestic flights and international flights originating in the US to use the bathroom in any cabin. Yes this is contrary to the announcements we hear; however, it is apparently the actual policy.

Having experienced the new bathrooms it would appear to me that this is going to create havoc in the first class cabin with people waiting to use the lav. First of all POS absolutely won't use the rear lav nor will just large people. Throw in some moms and kids and this is a recipe for disaster. Think about those FAs who feel they are special secret air marshals ordering people to the back and threatening them only for AA to later have to admit that they really weren't trained properly. Then there is the hole handicap accessible issue which I don't claim to understand but I am sure one of our fellow members can elaborate on because I can tell you in no way are those lavs handicap accessible.

You have to give Parker credit though for his response which was that he hasn't seen them. I am not sure those extra seat are going to be worth the revenue when you factor in the negative publicity. And we wonder why AA can't keep up with Delta in the JD Customer Satisfaction surveys.
So are the ones in F larger than rear? More normal size compared to legacy 738's, or still smaller, but just not as small as the ones in the rear?