FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Excellent Customer service for medical refund
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:06 am
BarryAZ

Programs: American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Southwest
The insurance company was CSA Travel Protection . I typically arrange insurance vie the Insure my trip site and did in this case since the coverages, costs and carriers are described it detail and are also peer reviewed.

Because our travel is often complex -- combining tours or cruises with on our own time and the like, it makes much more sense to purchase comprehensive 3rd party coverage. I suppose increasingly one can rely on modest vacations on newer features included in credit cards -- not sure that would work for us.

As to my wife -- it's a GBO cancer -- that's the same form that John McCain is coping with. Realistically it is a 'when' not 'if' form of cancer. Since it was detected very early and the tumor was completely removed, and we are getting the best possible care at Mayo (which is just up the street from our home), and may qualify for some encouraging study protocols. my hope is that the 'when' is at least 18 months out and perhaps 48 or more months out. In addition, my hope is that every month we have is a quality month.

As it is, we are moving forward with some travel -- short trips in July, and then a long trip next March/April to Italy, France and Ireland -- that trip too will be covered with insurance.