FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Locked in transit zone at ZHR
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:57 pm
ellylex

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
YuropFlyer,

I certainly appreciate Your input. But You made wrong assumptions (contrary to the facts I mentioned) and thus reached wrong conclusions.

It was NOT passengers fault for missing the connection. There was an announcement during the flight to ZHR for people transiting to a list of cities to go to Transfer Desk upon arrival. Moscow was on the list. Passengers understood and followed the instructions: followed signs to Transfer Desk which led them to Passport Control. Noone has mentioned that it is in Terminal E and one needs Shengen Visa to go from Terminal D to E. They were stopped. Others went thru. And there was noone left.

How can one have communication problem if there is NOONE to communicate with?! If there was a Swiss rep there - the issue would have been resolved. The only person trying to help was some guy from transit hotel. I spoke to him over the phone. He also tried to reach Swiss at the airport but everyone was gone. Transit hotel was full.

I am complaining that passengers were left/locked in transit zone w/o assistance and You are suggesting they received vouchers. Of course, NOT. There was NOONE there. Eveyone was gone.

On their flight to Moscow, after 15 hr wait, they found out what happened to other passengers who missed their flight. They were met by SWISS at Transfer Desk in Terminal E and were given hotel accomodations at least. The rest I do not know.
Noone was at terminal D to assist. It is a fact!

And when I say passengers do not speak English - it was meant to explain why I was calling on their behalf and that they cannot speak in sentences. They are able to communicate when necessary. Phones have translators after all. But one cannot communicate when there is noone to communicate with. They were able to comminucate with transit hotel rep - he understood the issue.